Subnovii™ Plasma Pen
Dermalogic’s Subnovii Plasma Pen is the most advanced, non-invasive, skin lifting, skin tightening, and rejuvenation method used to treat wrinkles, sagging, dull and uneven skin tone.
The Plasma Pen is the latest device used to perform fibroblast therapy; a technique used to stimulate the production of collagen in the skin. Subnovii is the only Plasma Pen with LF technology – low frequency plus a patented wavelength and power combination.
How does the Subnovii Plasma Pen work?
The Plasma Pen works by imparting heat into tiny columns in the skin. The surface is subject to microtrauma. Heat is then conducted through these columns deeper into the skin which stimulates collagen production. The upper dermal layer of the skin receives very minor damage as a result. Once it heals, the end result is firmer, more youthful-looking skin. You can tell a Plasma Pen is being used by the tiny black dots visible immediately after treatment. (Visible only in the treatment area for a few days)
What is Fibroblasting and what does it do?
Will Patients Experience Downtime With the Plasma Pen?
- No injectable anesthetic required
- No scalpel, no cutting and no ablation of the skin
- No stitches and no scars
- Very low risk procedure with minimal side effects
- Short downtime
- No thinning of the skin and more uniform that ablative resurfacing using lasers
- No asymmetries and no risks of any overcorrection
- Cost effective
- Long-lasting results – usually around 2-3 years and can be permanent
Common areas treated with the Plasma Pen include but are not limited to:
- Acccordion lines – the lines that form outside of the mouth when you smile
- Brow Lift – Lifts and enhances your own natural Brow (Brow Shaping)
- Acne scars – improvement in the appearance of post-acne marks and scars
- Crow’s feet around eyes
- Forehead lines
- Jowls / jawline tightening
- Marionette lines – The creases or folds that run vertically from the corners of the mouth down to the chin
- Nasal labial folds / smile lines – The folds that run from the sides of your nose down to the edge of your mouth
- Stretch Marks – Reduces the size of visible stretch marks
- Necklines, turkey neck – Tightens the skin
- Smoker’s lines – those vertical wrinkles also known as lipstick lines around the mouth
- Upper and lower eyelids – Bags and hoods
- Age Spots / Sun spots – stubborn spots that may not respond to IPL laser
Have you been thinking of getting eyelid surgery for hooded lids or Eye-Bags? The Plasma Pen is a great nonsurgical alternative to eyelid surgery (upper and lower blepharoplasty). The average average recovery time with the Subnovii is only 8-10 days.
Will Patients Experience Downtime with the Plasma Pen?
It is important for patients to know that results are not immediate. While some patients may experience some initial results right after being treated, the best results develop with time as the body responds to the stimulation and allows for new collagen production to begin. Results will vary for each person and the specific concerns that they are targeting.
There is little downtime associated with the Subnovii™ Plasma Pen. Patients will most likely experience redness, swelling as well as scabbing in the area that was treated. It can generally take anywhere from a week or a week and a half for those symptoms to dissipate. In most cases, patients should see swelling go down anywhere from 3-4 days after the treatment. The Plasma Pen does leave some small black dots where the patient had a treatment performed and can expect that to dissipate with time.
Schedule a consultation today with Dr. Krachman to see if this procedure is right for you